The Saint Mark Caring Ministry was begun in 1980 by a small group of United Methodist Women as an outreach ministry to persons in need. This group of women meets monthly to discuss the needs and concerns of Saint Mark members, as well as others in the community. Once the needs are determined, members of the group are mobilized into action. The women of our Caring Ministry serve in the following ways:
- Visiting those who are housebound
- Visiting those in nursing homes, hospitals and retirement homes
- Assisting pastors in serving Holy Communion to those who are unable to attend church
- Sending notes and cards to congregation members
- Welcoming new babies with a handmade inscribed cross and book, and placing a flower on the altar in his/her honor
- Delivering small bouquets of flowers each Monday to those served by the group
- Delivering flowers or balloons to hospitalized members
- Delivering large print copies of the Upper Room devotion books to those served by the group
- Providing an annual birthday party for the residents of Seneca Residential
- Delivering Meals on Wheels through Senior Solutions
- Providing funds for crisis situations in our church and in the wider community
Currently, 15 persons are actively serving in this important outreach ministry. They welcome anyone who wishes to serve others.
For more information, contact Mary Ann Fox.