Gallery of Crosses
The Aesthetics Committee is planning to establish a Gallery of Crosses to honor our Saint Mark’s Heritage of Faith – Past, Present, and Future. The crosses will he hung on the wall the between the Sanctuary and the Atrium. All members and friends of Saint Mark are invited to contribute crosses to be placed in this Gallery of Crosses. The committee hopes all members and friends of Saint Mark will consider placing a cross on the wall to represent your commitment to Saint Mark and to Christ. The crosses may be contributed in honor or memory of loved ones, to commemorate special occasions, or for no reason. The Gallery of Crosses will be unveiled on Sunday, May 14, 2017. This will be an ongoing project.
Guidelines for Crosses
• The maximum size of crosses should be approximately 12 inches tall.
• Those participating are responsible for purchasing their own cross or crosses.
• The cross may be made of any material – wood, metal, plastic, glass, or fabric.
• The cross must be able to be hung on a wall.
• We would prefer no words on the cross.
• The committee will be responsible for arranging and hanging of all the crosses.
• The committee will create labels for the back of the crosses. Names will not be visible from the front.
• A book with a picture of the cross and who and why it was contributed will be displayed.
• Quarterly, new crosses will be added to cross gallery.
• If you want your cross to be displayed on Sunday, May 14, 2017, the cross with an information sheet needs to be submitted by Easter, April 16. The forms will be available online and at the church in the church office and in the atrium.
• The crosses become property of Saint Mark.
Please fill out a separate form for each cross you plan to donate.