How to Join Saint Mark
There are several ways to join Saint Mark:
- If you are not a member of another church, you can join by Profession of Faith
- If you are coming from another United Methodist Church, your membership will be transferred
- If you are coming in from another denomination, your membership can be transferred because we recognize both baptism and membership in other denominations.
- If your youth is in 7th grade or older, he/she can participate in our year-long Confirmation program and be confirmed in May into full membership of the church. If he/she has not been baptized, your youth will receive baptism before or during the Confirmation service.
- If you are a United Methodist whose membership is in another city or state and you wish to retain membership in your home church, you can become an Affiliate Member of Saint Mark. This grants you pastoral oversight, fellowship and participation in our community. You will not be counted on Saint Mark’s membership roll, but at your home church. We will write your home church informing them of your Affiliate Member status at Saint Mark.
- Members of other Christian denominations may elect to become Associate Members of Saint Mark under the same conditions.
Receiving of new members takes place during worship on Sunday morning. You will take vows of membership that will include pledging loyalty “to Christ through the United Methodist Church” and to pledge to participate in the life of the church through your “prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.” The congregation will then pledge to support you in your vows of membership and to include you into the fellowship of the church.
For more information, contact Rev. David Surrett